BOY We've Had a Lot Going On!


I'm still here! 

My blog took a little back-burner-slash-sit-out last fall while I put my nose to the grindstone and buckled down and paid off all my medical bills (see my first post ever!)

Working like a maniac after having 3 months of lovely recovery time? 

Seriously draining, exhausting, tiring, and pretty much any other adjective for tired that you know of. However I’m slightly neurotic about debt and wanted everything paid off.

After 3 months of total and complete work focus? SUCCESS! 
(Just don’t ask me what movies or books came out last fall cause I have no idea...)


My reward for all of my hard work was to take a step back from work. 
Ha ha. Ironic right? 
I am now considered something along the lines of an independent contractor. 
AND I LOVE IT. 

I work just enough so I don’t get bored, have all kinds of lovely control over my schedule, and time to do all kinds of fun things!

Which meant that for the first time in quite a while I was actually off, and with my family, for the holidays last year! WOO HOO!
And boy did we ever par-tay!




Week long Turkey Day cruise to the Western Caribbean? 
Yes. Thanks.
(No, seriously, thanks Mom and Dad for taking us with you!)






Then of course it was awesome to celebrate Christmas actually on Christmas (had I mentioned that previously my job had some interesting hours and work days?)

Hubby got a table saw.



I got shoes.



It was awesome.


I’m noticing I say awesome a lot today. I‘ll look up a new word by next time. 

Maybe. 

If I remember.



You see. My brain is filled with progesterone these days making me somewhat forgetful.


Commonly known as Baby Brain.

Because we are expecting a baby boy at the end of the summer!




Yet another reason why the blog was on continuous neglect. Morning sickness hit pretty hard. 

For about 3 months my definition of “food” was watermelon and cheerios.

But I have to say that now that I’m a little further along, food is suddenly wonderful again and I feel like doing and making stuff again! 
(Other than taking a nap. Because technically I would classify naps as validly doing something.)

6 months preggo! 

So Yay for Balance in life and Yay for Babies! 

Comments

Popular Posts