Just a Smackeral of Hunny

This is the very first homemade bread recipe I ever made. It christened my bread machine. It’s soft, and mildly sweet, and smells oh so delectable.
I love it.

My husband loves it.

My employees love it (its usually gone within an hour. I think I’m flattered, but food goes pretty quick in our work place. Hmmmm….)

And best yet, it is so super simple! And delicious.


Did I mention delicious?



Here is the recipe for Hunny Bread:
2 teaspoons of yeast (I use instant kind in the jar that lives in my refrigerator)
3 cups All Purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons of salt
¾ cup buttermilk
3 teaspoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup water

Dump all the ingredients in the bread machine.

Press the buttons.
(I like to set mine on the lightest color crust and the “quick” setting. Why wait 3 hours for bread when you could have it in 1 hour and 55 minutes?)

Wait for it….


In about 40 minutes you should start smelling that rising bread… and then baking bread…

Breathe in.


Breathe in deep.



Yum.


While you’re waiting, you can make compound butter to go with it! (If I sound like I’m crazy about butter… its because I am.)
I thought compound butter would be super complicated to make, so I’d never attempted it before. But I had a few minutes on my hands so I decided to experiment!


BEST IDEA EVER!


I made raspberry butter. It was super simple! Here’s how:
1 small box fresh raspberries at room temperature
2 sticks butter
1 tablespoon sugar

That’s it.

I used the beater attachment on my kitchen aid, dumped it all in, and mixed it until the raspberries were pulverized. It made a beautiful pink butter with tart raspberry pieces! It’s tangy with just a hint of sweet. Perfect for the mild sweetness of the bread.

As soon as the bread comes out, slice and serve hot slathered with raspberry butter!
- Mrs. A

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts