Happy Feet!


I went back to work this week, phew! That’s a lot of stuff I am not used to anymore! Luckily I am easing into it for the first week, and then I get back to the nitty gritty next week.
It’s been a bit stressful going back.
I’ve had a few freak outs about it.
(Or more than a few…)

I’ve found that one little thing bounces me back pretty quick though-
pretty toes!

A few days before my surgery my mom dragged me into some sunshine and gave me a pedicure. My toes were in pretty sad shape… I still had the chipped bright red polish I had painted them back in February! Its amazing the difference that nice looking toesies made on my emotions! I felt better already!
As soon I could reach my toes again, it was time to decorate! My sister had put up the neatest idea on her blog about sparkly toes!
(Her original post can be found here: http://bucklewbaby.blogspot.com/2011/05/glitter-toes.html)

I am not a big fan of glitter.


But I do love sparkly things.


Bright pink polish (pink is my favorite color!) and some pink glitter (my sister used craft glitter, all I had available at the time was body glitter I found in the bathroom closet).

Paint toes.

On your last coat (cause some colors need more than one) use an old make-up brush and dab the glitter on the still wet paint.
Amazingly none of the paint gets on the brush, and the glitter mostly sticks where it’s supposed to! (I recommend a towel of some sort underneath to catch any run away sparkles.)
Then a coat of clear to seal the deal!


I love my sparkly toes! Every time I look at them it just makes me happy!
So this week after work, when I get home tired or a little discouraged, when I kick off my shoes I have gotten a little buzz of “happy”.
Who knew that a little bit of polish and some glitter could bring so much joy?
-Mrs. A

Comments

Popular Posts