Paula Deen Would be Proud

The first time I went out to meet my soon to be in-laws, we had Alaskan King Crab legs. It was a special occasion so it called for a special occasion dinner.
They were so yummy, and we had so many, that we didn't actually end up eating anything else with the meal, haha.
So now, as a special occasion meal my husband and I make King Crab legs as well! Making the crab legs was easy enough (it was my first time making them myself) but the true realization came making the butter dipping sauce!
My mother in law had used butter buds, so we bought a box of those. And following what I watched her do (rather than the box – I was trying to impress my husband here!) I did not mix the butter buds with water as the directions called for.

I mixed them with melted butter.


Butter flavored butter.


Try it.

You will be spoiled for life. Recently we got crab legs at a seafood restaurant and the butter dipping sauce tasted a little… off. It was just straight up butter buds (made the way you are supposed to make them) and it just didn’t seem… buttery enough!
Without knowing it, my mother in law ruined me for life. I now need my seafood dipped in buttery flavored butter. Mmm-mmm. Perfection.
To make butter flavored butter you will need:
Butter

Butter Buds

That’s it. Melt them together and stir.
Warning: once tried you won’t be able to go back, so proceed with caution.
Incase you want something tasty to go with the butter flavored concoction, try pickled crab legs! (They aren’t actually pickled.)
Use about half a bottle of pickling spices like these

Put crab legs in a big pot and fill with water to cover. Dump the pickling spices in and bring to a boil. For King Crab legs boil for 12-14 minutes until cooked but still tender.
(For other types of seafood ask the person behind the counter where you purchase them from how long they should be cooked.)
Crack open and dip in butterbud butter sauce! Yum!
-Mrs. A
p.s. I am not advertising for any of the above brand names, they just happen to be the ones that I use.

Comments

  1. um YUM. PS have you tried Tillamooks butter? You will be a convert. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried that one! I had been a sucker for Kerrigolds lately... I will have to look for that one in the store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts